Wednesday 14 May 2014

Artist Research

Koichi Fujii

I looked at an Illustrator named Koichi Fujii and their work because I thought the vector illustration style was similar to my work. I leo thought that the use of colour palettes was similar to mine and think that it is interesting how minimalist illustrations can be. I want my Animal farm work to appear a little more detailed and shaded than this, but I think this is a good referencing point for when I am thinking about possible colour palettes and moods for the illustrations.




Marek Jagucki

Marek Jagucki has worked in many areas of illustration, including children's book illustration. As this is the area of illustration that I hope to go into, as well as the fact that he uses vector illustration on Adobe Illustrator, they are interesting to me. I like the use of shading in his work and think that I would take some of the design techniques on board. Such as the use of shadows below the characters and simplistic, but carefully considered shapes.




Luke Pearson
-Simplistic, block colours
- Nice colour palettes
-Children's books and comics (Nobrow)





Diego Toro
Deviantart page
-Colourful and simplistic
-Children's books and action comics

No comments:

Post a Comment