Wednesday 14 May 2014

Oxford Bar Society Term card

This Project was an offered commission by the President of Oxford University's Barrister Society. The idea was to put together an 8 page booklet with all the details for that term's dates and information and talks going on. As this happens every time there is a new president, it had to fit with the theme and design that is already being used by the society. It was expected to be completed to a professional standard and be clear and concise.


As I was working directly with the commissioner during the whole of the completion of the Term card, I was given the necessary files and information via USB and emails. With vocal direction and suggestion from her, it was completed over the course of a few days.

This is an example of a file sent to me to be used as the backdrop for the booklet. It is the same style as used on other official Bar Soc media.



This is the logo sent to me to incorporate into the design work.


These tables of dates of events were mocked up and sent to me as a general idea of how to lay out the calendar page.



Information such as guest speakers' images and accompanying text was given to me on word documents for me to copy over onto the illustrator file and edit accordingly.



An example of working with the employer was when choosing shades of green, different shades were tried out in the context of a back drop for text. These were the two final shades to be tried.



The overall project took a number of days to complete and I feel that it was successful. I think that the experience of working to a brief of something out of my comfort zone has expanded my skill set. It has helped with my visualisation of potential layouts and what would appear professional to a target audience and what is appropriate for those audiences.













No comments:

Post a Comment