Monday 31 March 2014

Animal farm, beginnings


After deciding to Create illustrations for the Animal farm chapters, the first thing I decided I needed to do was to research the storyline so it is fresh in my head with references to work from. I began by listening to the audiobook on youtube whenever I had time, whilst constantly thinking about possible illustrations from the scenes described.






Schmoop Chapter summaries

My next step was finding information from revision websites breaking down each chapter so that it is easier to comprehend what is going on where in the plot. Having a list ready to reference makes future stages a lot easier.











I was interested in the fact that the book is based on the Russian revolution and the build ups to the World wars. I think that there is a much darker side to the story and I want to clearly illustrate the development of the decay that is such an evident theme in the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment